Ethos of SGPA
The Singapore Productivity Association (“SGPA”) is an independent non-profit organisation in Singapore registered with the Registry of Societies (“ROS”) and governed by the SGPA Constitution (“Constitution”).
Our mission is to raise the productivity of organisations and individuals in Singapore. At the heart of SGPA’s culture are our core values:
- S: Strive for excellence
- T: Trust
- E: Enterprising
- P: Positive
- U: United
- P: Passionate and Professional
- SGPA and its subsidiary Singapore Productivity Centre (“SGPC”) have a duty to uphold fair value, transparency, and accountability over the use of public funds.
- The Constitution, organisational rules, regulations, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and policies collectively form the basis of SGPA’s corporate governance and internal controls.
- SGPA’s Management Committee, employees of SGPA and its subsidiary SGPC owe a duty of care to SGPA and will refrain from using our position for personal interest, financial or material gain or the appearance of such.
- SGPA’s Management Committee, employees of SGPA and its subsidiary SGPC will strive for excellence in the service we provide to stakeholders and partners, and always perform our duties ethically and professionally.
Our Code of Ethics
- Social Responsibility
We strive to be good corporate citizens, complying with the law of the land to the best of our ability.
We treat every individual, organisation and community we work with, with dignity, fairness and good faith.
- Integrity & Professionalism
We act honestly, truthfully, and responsibly in all our decisions and actions, and adhere to the highest standards of ethical conduct and professional behaviour.
We understand the importance of safeguarding sensitive, restricted and confidential data and comply with the privacy and data protection law governing non-profit organisations in Singapore.
We avoid conflict of interests, whether apparent or actual, wherever possible. Where such conflicts are unavoidable, we strive to fully disclose our interests as soon as we are aware of such conflicts.
We welcome comments and feedback on how we can improve our organisation. In this respect, we have established a Whistle Blower Policy to ensure that anyone can report suspected or actual occurrence(s) of illegal, unethical, or inappropriate behaviours or practices without fear of reprisal.
We provide a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, vendors and partners.
- Lifelong Learning
We support lifelong learning and encourage employees to upgrade their skills and knowledge to improve their job performance and fulfil their career aspirations.