Formerly known as Innovation and Quality Circles (IQCs), Team Excellence (TE) comprises individuals working together in teams to enhance innovation and quality within their organisations.
The Singapore Productivity Association (SGPA) is the leading organisation in Singapore for Team Excellence initiatives. These include:
Team Excellence Assessment (TEA)
The Team Excellence Assessment (TEA) is a closed-door assessment event held annually.
Teams from various organisations present their Team Excellence projects to a panel of judges. Through this assessment, they will be awarded either Star, Gold, Silver, Bronze or Certificate of Participation, according to their presentation and project report.
In addition, SGPA also conducts customised TEA events for organisations which prefer to conduct their assessments in-house.
To find out more about the Team Excellence Assessment (TEA), please refer to the TEA Handbook which may be downloaded here: SGPA Team Excellence Assessment Handbook
Register for our next Team Excellence Assessment in March 2022!
Next Run: March 2022 (Date to be advised)
To register your interest, please click the Register Here button below.
For information on the assessment fees, criteria, awards and presentation guidelines, please refer to the following:
Team Excellence Assessment (TEA) Fees
Each team (maximum of 4 members) will be charged $280.00 (subject to prevailing GST charges) for the assessment.
Team Excellence Assessment (TEA) Criteria & Award
Awards will be given based on the following criteria:
- Star – 90 to 100 points
- Gold – 75 to 89 points
- Silver – 60 to 74 points
- Bronze – 50 to 59 points
- Certificate – 0 to 49 points
Teams will be given 20 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for Q&A
Teams will be assigned a date and time slot for their presentations. They are required to be present 30 minutes before their designated time to await their turn to present.
Team facilitators may participate during the assessors’ clarification session.
Supporters from the team’s own organisation are welcome to be in the room during the presentation. Do keep the supporters to a maximum of 10 pax.
Results & Certificates
Results of the assessment will be made known to the teams 2-4 weeks after the assessment.
Certificates will be awarded and team members’ names will be listed on the certificates. The management representative will be notified when the reports and certificates are ready for collection.
Team Excellence Training Courses
To help organisations which are embarking on Team Excellence (TE) initiatives, SGPA offers two types of in-house training courses:
Team Excellence (TE) Assessment Criteria Course
- Understand how to produce better projects; and
- Gain knowledge applicable to projects
Who Should Attend:
- Organisations and teams active in QCC projects, or have taken part in Team Excellence Assessment.
- Non-Members: SGD330.00 per pax (subject to prevailing GST); Minimum class size: 6 pax.
- SGPA Institutional Members: SGD297.00 per pax (subject to prevailing GST); Minimum class size: 10 pax
- Understand the importance of using a total and systematic approach to implement IQCs in the organisation;
- Understand the key components and dimensions of IQC Assessment Criteria;
- How to apply the ICQ Criteria to qualify an IQC project; and
- Making use of written feedback to identify strengths and areas of improvement for IQC projects.
Team Excellence (TE) Tools and Techniques Course
- Equip participants with the knowledge of creativity tools and techniques, to lead and / or participate in Innovation and Quality Circles (IQC) activities; and
- Enable participants to carry out quality improvement projects effectively.
Who Should Attend:
- Team leaders;
- Team members;
- Non-Members: SGD390.00 per pax (subject to prevailing GST); Minimum class size: 6 pax.
- SGPA Institutional Members: SGD351.00 per pax (subject to prevailing GST); Minimum class size: 10 pax
- Introduction to the concepts of IQC;
- The effective roles of leaders and members in IQC teams;
- Systematic process to carry out IQC projects; and
- Application of IQC tools and techniques in each of the 4 criteria segments in the IQC Assessment Criteria.
International Convention on Quality Control Circles (ICQCC)
The International Convention on Quality Control Circles (ICQCC) is an annual event for exchanging ideas and experiences on QC Circle activities or team-based improvement programmes. In recent years, the convention has widened its scope to include presentation of papers and case studies on subjects related to quality and productivity.
Currently, there are 13 members: Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Thailand.
Members take turns to organise the annual ICQCC, and Singapore last hosted the event in 2018. The Singapore Productivity Association (SGPA) represents Singapore at the Coordinating Committee Meetings (CCM) held during the convention.
The next ICQCC is set to be held in Hyderabad, India. For more information on the upcoming ICQCC, please visit https://icqcc2021.com/.